Some medications may come in the form of a nasal gel that is dispensed in an applicator. The information below will let you know how to apply a medicated nasal gel.
How to Apply a Nasal Gel
- Gently blow your nose
- Remove the cap from the applicator
- Turn the lower part of the applicator one full rotation (eight audible clicks) to realign the arrows
- Allow 10–15 seconds for the gel to fully exude from the applicator tip
- Using a mirror, gently guide the applicator tip into the nostril and make contact with the lateral wall of the nostril to ensure the gel is applied to the nasal wall
- Remove the applicator tip from the nostril while wiping it along the inside of the lateral nostril wall to fully transfer the gel
- Repeat the process on the other nostril as directed
- Use a clean, dry tissue to wipe the tip of the applicator. You may clean the tip with soap and water or an alcohol swab
- Replace the cap on the applicator pen
- Press your nostrils at a point just below the bridge of your nose and gently massage them
- Refrain from blowing your nose or sniffing for one hour after application
Empower Pharmacy is a premier compounding pharmacy and outsourcing facility delivering innovative pharmaceutical solutions to patients and providers. We help local institutions thrive and serve patients across the country. We can ship nationwide and provide a 24-hour turnaround for our prescriptions as we are the nation’s largest compounding pharmacy with operations based in Houston, Texas.